“After failing to move a runner past first base for the entire game, the Giants sent Davis to the plate with the potential tying and winning runs in scoring position. Unfortunately, he hit into a 6-4-3 double play to end the game.”
- How many outs were there when Davis came to bat?
- To whom did he hit the ball?
- Describe the kind ball he hit (pop up? Line drive? etc.)
- What was the final score of the game
- How many runners were on base?
If you are able to answer all five of these questions (#5 is tricky) is it because you have mastered the ”reading skill” of making inferences. Or because your knowledge of baseball fills in the gaps for you?